MEDICAL - FAQ'S / NON - MEDICAL - FAQ'S
- Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
- Coca Cola was originally green.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common ? All invented by women.
- In Shakespeare’s time , mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making it firmer to sleep on. Hence the phase .. “goodnight, sleep tight”.
- Did you know - The opposite sides of a dice cube always add Up to seven.
- Did you know the largest fish ever caught was the Whale Shark ? It was 59ft long weighing 15 tones.
- The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
- The word “listen” contains the same letters as the word “silent”.
- Hummingbirds are the only animal that can fly backwards.
- All the planets in the solar system rotate anticlockwise, except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- Names of the three wise moneys are : Mizaru(see no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil) and Mazaru (Speak no evil).
- India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
- Almost is the longest word in the english language with all the letters in alphabetical Order.
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.
- About 10% of the world’s population is left-handed.
- A typical bed usually houses over 6 billion dust mites.
- A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs.
About four ounces.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
- You blink over 10,000,000 times a year.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
- “Go” is the shortest complete sentence in the english language.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- The average person laughs about 15 times a day.
- The average person walks the equivalent of twice around the world in a lifetime.
- The number system was invented by India. Aryabhatta was the scientist who invented the digit zero.
- The first six Mogul Emperor’s of India ruled in an unbroken succession from father to son for two hundred years, from 1526 to 1707.
- India has the most post offices in the world.
- The largest employer in the world is the Indian railway system, employing over a million people.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The father of medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago.
- Until 1896, India was the only source for diamonds to the world (Source Gemmological Institute of America).